Some people will start building an email list in their email account, such as Outlook. This is OK if you have only 15 or 20 people to email but when you start getting more and more prospects this can be a big problem.
For one, if you try to email hundreds of people from your own email account you’ll most likely get flagged as a spammer. And secondly, by US Can-Spam laws you must have a way for people to unsubscribe from your emails at the bottom of every email.
There are plenty of email service providers out there in the cyberspace, such as iContact & Getresponse, but my choice is Aweber. In addition to having a very successful and respected marketer recommend it to me here are more reasons why I choose Aweber:
- High Deliverability – One of the most important factors you need to consider is whether or not your emails are getting to their targeted inboxes. They work to establish relationships with internet service providers so emails from Aweber will be delivered, not diverted to the Junk Folder. Aweber has one of the highest deliverability rates in the industry.
- Pricing – Aweber is competitive in terms of pricing. You may be able to find less expensive options, but that lower price comes at a sacrifice in terms of deliverability, options, and support. You can start with a $1 trial and then continue at just $19 per month for up to 500 subscribers. With this plan you can send an unlimited number of emails per month.
- Emails – In Aweber you have a number of features and options when it comes to sending emails. Most email software programs allow you to send both autoresponders and broadcasts but not many have a blog broadcast feature. Blog broadcasts are a way to send your latest blog updates directly – and automatically – to your subscribers. Aweber is also up to date in terms of social media functions, allowing you to automatically and instantly post your emails to Twitter and/or Facebook.
- Templates – If you’re not a programmer (and most of us are not!) then it’s not easy to create great-looking opt-in forms or newsletters. Aweber has a very large selection of both that you can use as-is or easily customize to fit your business.
- Customer Support –Aweber‘s customer support is top notch, offering phone support, live online chat, email, webinars, a free e-course, tutorials, and more. When you start to use the program there is even a set-up walk-through. If you’ve got problems or questions, there are a number of different ways to get help.
- Subscriber Statistics – Understanding how many new subscribers you have, where they come from, what they click on and when they unsubscribe is important to your business. Aweber does an excellent job of subscriber management. One of the best features here is that you can send out emails to your lists separately or all at once. Even if your subscribers are on multiple lists they will only ever get one email – a great feature to save your subscribers the frustration of deleting multiple emails from multiple lists. You can also view detailed reports or even have them mailed to you.
Choosing an email service provider is an important decision. This is something you don’t want to change as you’ll likely lose subscribers. It can literally be the backbone of your online business so you’ll want to choose wisely. The best thing to do is write down all the features YOU need for your business and then search for a program that fits those needs. In most cases it will probably be Aweber, but no matter what you choose make sure you do it and start building your email list as soon as possible. Then you’ll be able to say what just about every profitable email list owner says at some point… “I wish I’d started building my list sooner!”